Tik Tok is a Chinese originated app that gained quick marketability and became one of the most popular apps worldwide. The app was launched in September 2016 and since then, it has only seen an upward trend. The app was initially launched as Douyin in China. Later, the app acquired Musical.ly and Tik Tok was launched worldwide.
What makes Tik Tok so popular is it’s fun interface especially designed for mobile videos. The infinite stream of vertical videos keeps Tik Tok users hooked for hours. With Tik Tok, users can create videos up to 60 seconds long with filters and sound bites right from their phones. Most famous Tik Tok videos are the lip syncing videos that you would have come across in several other social media platforms.
In this article, we will focus on some of the top Tik Tok statistics and learn who uses Tik Tok the most. Hope you find it interesting:
#1 Tik Tok Statistics: Monthly Users:
- Tik Tok has 800 million active users worldwide.
- Tik Tok has many users from the Asia market. It has 400 million active users from China and 119 million daily active users from India. The app is very popular in other Asian countries like Japan, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Thailand.
- The app is currently available in 141 countries worldwide.
#2 Tik Tok Statistics: App Installs:
- The app was downloaded 113 million times in just February 2020. This makes it the most downloaded non-gaming app of the month. This number also breaks all the previous download records of Tik Tok itself.
- In 2019 Q1, Tik Tok was the most downloaded app on the Apple app store. The app had more than 39 million downloads.
- Tik Tok has also crossed more than 1 billion download mark on both App store and Play store. The app has just 667 million first-time downloads in 2018 itself.
Twitter Management Tool by Circleboom - Clean your Twitter Profile
Strengthen your circle for free Follower Insights Circleboom's Circle app analyses your account and gives you insights…
#3 Tik Tok Statistics: Demographics:
- Used primarily by youngsters and teens, Tik Tok has 49% teenagers on the platform.
- 41% of Tik Tok users are aged between 16 and 24.
- The number of adults using Tik Tok in the US has grown by 5.5 times in 2019 reaching 14.3 million users.
- Tik Tok is used by 2 million more women than men in the US.
- In India, in 2019, 90% of Tik Tok users were male.
- In Japan, Tik Tok is used by both genders in similar numbers.
#4 Tik Tok Statistics: App Engagement:
- In its first year of launch, Tik Tok reached 1 million video views per day.
- 68% of Tik Tok users claim to watch someone else’s video on the platform.
- Tik Tok had the highest average engagement rate compared to Twitter and Instagram in 2019. For more than 100,000 followers, engagement rate on Tik Tok is 5.3% while on Instagram is 1.1% and Twitter is 0.3%.
Stats source: Oberlo, InfluencerMarketingHub, MarketingCharts, Sensor Tower
Delete Your Twitter History and Make a fresh start with Circleboom
A fresh start is a few clicks away. Circleboom's "Delete Old Tweets / Delete Twitter Archive" module features an…
These are some of the most interesting Tik Tok statistics that you should know in 2020. If you haven’t tried Tik Tok yet, then give it a try and see if it keeps you hooked or not.