Over the years, Twitter has only gotten stricter with their Twitter unfollow policies as a measure to curb aggressive behavior on the platform.
As of 10th March 2020, Twitter announced that they’ve reviewed each third-party app associated and revoked access to over 144,000 apps that did not meet the guidelines in the last six months.
* reviewed over 1M developer applications for API access, of which we approved 75%
* taken a more proactive approach to improving the health of our developer platform by continuing to remove bad actors, which resulted in over 144,000 app suspensions during the last six months
As you may remember, last year Twitter decided to cut API access to three Twitter unfollow tools and issued a statement:
“We have suspended these three apps for having repeatedly violated our API rules related to aggressive following & follow churn. As a part of our commitment to building a healthy service, we remain focused on rapidly curbing spam and abuse originating from the use of Twitter’s APIs.”
To further substantiate what Twitter exactly means by follow churn, here’s the official definition:
“Aggressive follow churn is when an account repeatedly follows and then unfollows a large number of accounts. This may be done to get lots of people to notice them, to circumvent a Twitter limit, or to change their follower-to-following ratio. These behaviors negatively impact the Twitter experience for other people, are common spam tactics, and may lead to account suspension.”
The policy updates by Twitter has led many reliable Twitter tools to permanently stop unfollowing from their platform. This has then led Twitter users to look for viable alternatives without many results.
As finding the right Twitter unfollow tool is important, it’s also important for any Twitter user to protect their account from Twitter suspension. Many prevailing tools that still offer unlimited unfollow options may put your Twitter account at risk.
In this article, we will look at what qualifies as a reliable Twitter unfollow tool and how to unfollow after updated Twitter policies.
What Qualifies As A Reliable Twitter Unfollow Tool in 2020?
Before you go ahead and connect your Twitter account to any Twitter unfollow tool, look for the following characteristics to check its reliability:
- Every reliable Twitter tool will use Twitter authentication to login without asking for a password or username. If the third-party apps ask for your Twitter username or password, then you must refrain from using it.
- A Twitter compliant tool should not allow aggressive follow-unfollow on the platform. Twitter has limits on the number of accounts that can be followed or unfollowed per day.
- Some Twitter tools allow automatically adding followers/ buying followers/ selling free followers. Twitter prohibits such third-party apps. Reliable Twitter tools do not allow buying or selling of followers.
- Any Twitter tool that allows automated actions like automated DMs or automated follow/unfollow is a definite no-no. If you want to trust an app in the long-term, make sure they do not permit any automated features.
If you can come across a Twitter tool that’s safe and compliant as per the points above, then you should not hesitate to use it.
The Best Tool To Manage Twitter Unfollowers: How to Unfollow After Updated Policies:
Given the circumstances, your Twitter account is safest if you unfollow each Twitter account from the Twitter app itself. To protect your Twitter account and prevent any potential account suspension, we provide safer tools to unfollow at Circleboom, which are fully compliant with Twitter rules of services. We display the “visit” button for the profiles that let you visit their profile and proceed with your follow/unfollow request on Twitter.
Unfollowing in limited numbers from Twitter ensures that Twitter constantly moderates your account without putting it at risk.
But, even if you wish to unfollow from Twitter, the tricky part is finding the accounts to unfollow. To find which accounts you need to unfollow, you can use Circleboom.
Circleboom can help you easily unfollow on Twitter as per Twitter policies as:
- Filters verified accounts, not-verified accounts, accounts that you have recently visited.
- Search accounts by using the grid power search. With this feature, you can filter accounts by location, language, keywords, hashtags, and usernames.
Circleboom keeps your account safe by filtering the accounts for you and then sending you to their accounts on Twitter to unfollow. This way you can quickly find accounts that you want to unfollow, unfollow them on Twitter, and keep your account secure.
Keeping your Twitter running, secure, and safe from Twitter’s API is the best way forward in the long-term. Circleboom has passed every Twitter test and has stayed ahead in strictly keeping up with all the Twitter policies.
Hence, switch to a reliable Twitter unfollow tool like Circleboom from the beginning to manage your unfollowers and followers. You can also use the app to manage other aspects of your Twitter like publishing, deleting tweets, retweet, and analytics, etc.
If you have any issues or doubts regarding Circleboom, please share it with me in the comments below.
Originally published at https://blog.circleboom.com on March 23, 2020.