Simple ways to get rid of fake Twitter followers with ease
We’ve all been duped on Twitter! Fake Twitter followers are the Twitter accounts that follow you and look like real users but are indeed bots or fake users. If you think you do not have any fake Twitter followers, then you are definitely living under a rock as Twitter is filled with fake accounts.
Twitter is swarmed with a massive number of bot accounts used for malicious purposes. The interesting thing is that Twitter admits the platform verified many fake accounts mistakenly and then took it back. This clearly shows nowhere or nobody is safe. These bots could be used to propagate fake information, amplify political statements, and support specific agendas or groups. Whatever be the reason, these fake Twitter accounts then follow real users like you and me to make their Twitter account look genuine.
In 2020, Twitter removed 20,000 fake Twitter accounts linked to Saudi, Egyptian, and Serbian governments. In 2018. Twitter removed more than 70 million fake Twitter followers to spread misinformation from the platform.
Since 2018, the platform has been putting a lot of effort into identifying and suspending accounts tied to states that have been promoting state-affiliated activity. Twitter had purged more than 200 million Tweets and nine terabytes of media as of December 2, 2021, according to the most recent information update.
Despite several attempts by Twitter, the number of bots seems to increase and it’s best to get rid of fake Twitter followers from your account by yourself. In this article, we will help you with simple ways with which you can remove any suspicious fake account from your Twitter profile.
Method 1: Use Circleboom to spot fake Twitter followers:
Delete all tweets instantly with this step-by-step guide
You can spend hours writing the perfect tweets and publishing them on Twitter. But, when you want to delete all tweets…
Circleboom Twitter is the easiest way out for anybody looking to spot their fake followers within seconds. Circleboom’s algorithm spots fake accounts and saves you from the tedious process of understanding if accounts look genuine or fake.
To get rid of fake Twitter followers on Circleboom, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Circleboom Twitter dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account.
- From the menu on the left, select “The Circle” -> “Fake/Spam.”
- On the right screen, all your fake Twitter followers will be listed. You can click on the red “Visit” button to visit each account and remove them.
The best thing is that Circleboom gives you an opportunity to inspect each account yourself before removing them from your Twitter account.
Pro Tip: One trick to quickly get rid of fake inactive Twitter accounts is to filter lists by tweets or last tweet. Twitter accounts with a very low number of tweets or old last tweets can be considered fake and inactive.
- Twitter profile picture: A stock photo or an egghead can indicate that the Twitter account isn’t run by a real person.
- No tweets or few tweets: A Twitter account without any tweets or retweets is also suspicious. These bot accounts are created to make tweets viral with no other agenda.
- Lack of engagement: If you never see the account engaging with any posts or Twitter, or any other account engaging with it, then it could be a fake account.
Method 2: Analyze Twitter accounts to look for anomalies:
This strategy might be used if you don’t want to browse through your full list and instead want to look into a few accounts that you are dubious of. This would entail meticulously inspecting the Twitter account and looking for indicators of impersonation. Here are some warning indicators to check for:
- Meaningless or random texts,
- Engaging with thoroughly different people, topics, interest areas,
- Manipulating or/and provocative intentions.
- Random and bulk likes and retweets
Checking for some of the signs above can help you determine a fake Twitter follower.
Get rid of inactive Twitter accounts and how to do it
Twitter sees a lot of regular and irregular users wherein some users may tweet 10 times a day while others may not log…
The key takeaway:
Using method 1 would be more credible in understanding fake accounts. Circleboom can help you know for sure which accounts are fake rather than spending time in guesswork. All the best in cleaning your Twitter account and maintaining a healthy Twitter profile.
Originally published at https://blog.circleboom.com on May 14, 2020.