How to Remove Bot/Fake/Inactive/Ghost Twitter followers?
Inactive accounts that do not interact with your Twitter account are known as ghost followers. These accounts may have been created by spammers or bots, and they simply follow you on Twitter without ever engaging with you. It’s advisable to get rid of fake Twitter followers and protect your account from spammers.
Now, the question is, how can you distinguish between a ghost, bot, fake, and inactive Twitter followers?
I would say that none of them really contribute to your tweets in any way. They add to your Twitter following numbers with no benefit of actually following them or being followed by them. They have only numerical existence.
Why should you bother to remove fake and ghost Twitter followers?
Firstly, because they are inactive or dead accounts, you have no reason to follow them. You do not see any valuable content from them or maybe any content at all.
Secondly, if you’re an avid Twitter user who cares about his tweet engagement then these accounts give you false analytics. They may make a deceptive contribution to your insights.
Let’s just say that you have 6k Twitter followers. A Twitter audit shows you that 65% of your Twitter followers are either ghost followers or inactive accounts.
A quick calculation would tell you that almost 4000 of your followers have been worthless while you have been expecting retweets and likes from them.
So, when your like percentage is 2% in your Twitter analytics, it’s actually 6% because more than half of your followers are bots or spam accounts.
Hence, rather than having a big number of fake and inactive followers in your account, it’s better to grow actual Twitter followers. And, remove ghost Twitter followers.
How to Remove Ghost Twitter Followers:
Circleboom Twitter management tool can easily help you in removing inactive and fake profiles from your Twitter account. In fact, Circleboom Twitter even has a free plan to help you remove ghost Twitter followers.
Let’s look at the steps:
- Login to the Circleboom dashboard by authenticating your Twitter account information.
- On the left panel of the dashboard, you will see a menu. Click on “The Circle” in the menu and you will see a sub-menu.
3. Click on “Inactive” to find ghost followers or inactive accounts. Click on “fake/spam” to remove fake or bot accounts from your Twitter followers. You can also remove your unfollowers with this process.
4. When you select either of the options above, Circleboom Twitter will automatically detect your fake and ghost Twitter followers.
5. You can use the red ‘Visit’ button to view the profile. You can unfollow these accounts if you wish. Also, you can add them to ‘Whitelist’, ‘Blacklist’, or a ‘Twitter List’.
6. You can unfollow all the accounts from the Circleboom Twitter dashboard. This will make sure that everyone you follow is real Twitter accounts and not some ghosts or bots.
Are you ready to Remove Ghost Twitter Followers?
The one-click process of Circleboom Twitter makes it really easy for you to get rid of all inactive accounts and bots at once. The tool works like a charm and is a huge time saver.
Circleboom Twitter also has a Pro plan at $11.99 per month to get rid of unlimited Twitter accounts within Twitter rules.
I hope the article above will help you clean your account and boost your Twitter engagement.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or doubts.
Originally published at blog.circleboom.com on October 23, 2018.