Hashtags on Twitter perform multiple functions:
- The primary usage of hashtag is using hashtags in your tweet to reach people interested in a topic. By simply adding a hashtag in a tweet, the tweet begins to show when people are performing a Twitter hashtag search.
- Another important usage of hashtags is to find Twitter accounts relevant to your niche or industry. You can perform a quick Twitter hashtag search and get a list of accounts posting tweets using that hashtag.
- Third yet powerful use of hashtags is in starting a viral campaign. Many trending Twitter hashtags have been the backbone of public campaigns worldwide.
Hence, using hashtags in your tweets and performing Twitter hashtag search are both important in effectively using Twitter. In this article, we will understand the benefits of searching Twitter accounts using hashtags and the method to do so.
- Your Twitter account is more like a network or community for you where you follow Twitter accounts who are relevant to you.
- You can have a high number of Twitters users following you back when they find your Twitter account relevant to their industry/niche.
- You can earn valuable professional connections that can help you grow in your career by potential collaborations.
If you’re using Twitter to build a community and connect with people that matter to you, then finding them using hashtags is highly important for you. For example, if you’re in the pharmaceutical industry, then looking for other Twitter users who belong to the pharmaceutical industry will be more useful than randomly following accounts. Some of the benefits of following relevant accounts using hashtag search are:
- You can also use the grid power search to filter accounts by location, language, or keywords. By sorting with followers, friends tabs, you can filter popular accounts and follow them.
- If you’re not sure of following a set of accounts, you can add them to the wishlist by marking them and adding them to the wishlist using the green icon above. You can look at your wishlist later if you wish to follow these accounts.
Simple ways to get rid of fake Twitter followers with ease
We've all been duped on Twitter! Fake Twitter followers are the Twitter accounts that follow you and look like real…
How to follow relevant Twitter accounts using hashtag search:
Type the hashtag in the box to find Twitter accounts tweeting using the hashtag.
Can I delete old tweets by year? Yes, in 2 steps!
"That summer of 2015 wasn't a good year at all. All those tweets I sent out in that year, I wish I could delete them…
Following hashtags and following associated accounts is one of the fastest ways on Twitter to build your own community. Once you follow like-minded accounts, Twitter becomes more fun and interesting. You can also keep track of trending hashtags on Twitter to increase your engagement and followers on Twitter.
Originally published at https://blog.circleboom.com on June 10, 2020.