On July, 11th, Twitter announced that they will remove locked accounts from follow counts.
“Most people will see a change of four followers or fewer; others with larger follower counts may experience a more significant drop, We are removing locked accounts from follower counts.”
To us, this is very good news for the Twitter community because Twitter users regularly want to clean up their accounts. Although it is a good start, removing the locked accounts is not enough to clean up your account. Apart from locked accounts, there are lots of suspended accounts, fake accounts, inactive or eggheads accounts which are also considered by users to be cleaned up. You may also consider checking who is not following you back or, who unfollowed you and unfollow them.
Circleboom, a Twitter account management tool, enables you to clean up your account from bottom to top. You can see fake accounts, inactive accounts which do not Tweet more than 3 mounts, and also unfollowers who have not followed you back or unfollowed you.
- Click “Login” to connect your Twitter account with Circleboom (without the need of your password)
- After login, open up the menu on the left-hand side of Circleboom’s Dashboard.
- Find “Unfollow” menu and click on it. It will immediately open up a sub-menu.
- Click on “Not Following Back” sub-menu.
- On “Not following Back” page, Circleboom will show you all the accounts who are not following you back.
- Use green unfollow buttons to unfollow them individually.
Under “Unfollow” menu you can also list the fake accounts and clean up your Twitter account from fake accounts. Circleboom automatically does the chore and lists all the fake, spam and possible scam accounts for you. Once you see these accounts, it is easy to unfollow them with a click of a button.
The other options for cleaning up your account is to unfollow inactive accounts. Most of the inactive accounts are suspended or locked accounts.
Some of Twitter users also want to clean up eggheads because eggheads accounts are often anonymous accounts and mostly spammers.
We prepared a short training video for you to show “How to find unfollowers, fake, spam and inactive accounts and unfollow them with Circleboom”
Originally published at circleboom.com.