30 Mind Blowing Twitter Stats that are Incredibly Useful — Circleboom Blog
Twitter is not just a platform where thoughts are shared and opinions are raised, it is also a platform that has given brands a chance to connect with their customers and create a better connection. Marketers have been leveraging Twitter to improve their reach and these valuable Twitter stats will help them enhance their Twitter marketing skills this 2019.
Here are some Twitter stats that are worth noting for every Twitter user.
Twitter Stats — Global Reach:
- More than 1.3 billion Twitter accounts have been created so far.
- Of these 1.3 billion accounts, 391 million accounts have zero followers and the average number of followers on the platform is 707.
- Twitter has 330 million active monthly Twitter users.
- 500 million tweets are sent out each day.
- 79% of Twitter users are outside the US. Twitter is the second most popular social media in the UK after Facebook.
Twitter Stats: User Demographics:
- 36% of Twitter users are aged between 18 and 29.
- Twitter is used on mobile by 80% of active Twitter users.
- 18% of Twitter users earn between $20,000–49,000 per annum.
- Twitter has 259 million active international users.
- 80% of Twitter users are affluent millennials.
Twitter Stats: Usage and Frequency:
- 71% of Twitter users use the platform for news and stay updated.
- 46% of users use the app every day and 25% of users use the app every week.
- More than 2 billion search queries are made on Twitter every day.
- 83% of world leaders use Twitter, making it an invaluable platform for government leaders, journalists, and politicians.
Twitter Stats: Brands and Business:
- 92% of companies post more than a tweet a day. 42% of the companies send out at least 1–5 tweets a day and 19% companies tweet about 6–10 times a day.
- On average, every Twitter user follows 5 businesses on Twitter.
- 93% of Twitter users following a brand plans to purchase from them.
- 77% of the users feel motivated when a brand replies to their tweets.
- There’s an improved satisfaction of 19% in companies using Twitter for their customer service.
- 75% of the B2B businesses spend time promoting on Twitter.
- PlayStation Japan and Netflix Brasil are the fastest-growing businesses on Twitter in terms of follower numbers.
- Businesses on Twitter have seen a 2.5 times increase in customer service conversations in the last two years.
Twitter Stats: Advertising and Content:
- Video tweets are the best form of content on Twitter with retweets 6 times more than image tweets and 3 times more than GIF tweets.
- 68% of Twitter users have followed a small business after seeing their promoted tweets.
- 41% of Twitter users have purchased a product after seeing an ad in the last 30 days.
- Twitter has revealed that their ad engagements have increased 208% year-on-year.
- Twitter ads have been proven to be 11% more effective than TV ads during live events.
These are some of the interesting and useful Twitter facts that we could assemble. You can use these stats to plan your Twitter marketing along with ads and content planning.
If you’re looking for some tools to make Twitter easy for you, try Circleboom as it can help you with Twitter publishing, analytics, and managing your followers.
Here are some Twitter blogs that you could be interested in:
Quickest Way to Track Twitter Followers - Circleboom Blog
By | Most Twitter users like to track Twitter followers because it helps them understand how to grow and maintain their…
Originally published at https://blog.circleboom.com on July 16, 2019.